Friday 19 November 2010

English in my life

My father always told me that learn english could it be an advantage to my professional life. He was really interested in that, and I think now that he was right. In my school the english language wasn't very well teached, and a great part of the things that I know about english I learnt it at home, with daily activities, like seeing movies with english language and translating the songs of my favorite musical bands.

When I entered to the university I took the english test that left me on the pre-intermediate course. I realise that my knowledge about english wasn't perfect. In my first year I didn't take any english course. In the first semester of my second year I did "English 3", where I learnt a lot, not only words or grammar; I learnt how to talk and listen in english, at least better than in my school years. I remember when te theacher ask to us "What is more difficult to you?" related of course about our english skills, I said to my teacher: first to listen, second to read, and third to write.

Now I'm in "English 4", my last english course in the University, let's hope it's not the last one of my life. In this last course my efforts to get better skills for listen and read has been rewarded. I also learnt new words and new uses for it. I really hope it's not the last course, because I want lo learn more, maybe what's left to learn is things related with my career, more technical words to understand better the papers or in a future to write one.

I like to learn new languages, I always thought that learning other languages is to learn another way to think also. But the greatest experience to learn english is spend some time living in an anglo speaker country. Maybe the same University will give me this chance, with the interchange courses.

I feel ok with my experiences learning english at University, I really think that I'm learning, not like in my school time. I really think that I'm learning, not like in my school time. That is usefull, because now my sister wants to study something related with this language and I could help her.

2 comments:

fran =) said...

i would like to learn other languages too :D !
blessing see you :)

Paula said...

Good Paulina,

There are some coherence and word choice problems but, in general, your writing is good. Nvertheless, there is still much to do.

By the way, the conjugation of the verb "teach" is "To teach; taught; taught" and why is there a sentence repeated in the last paragraph?

This is your score:

Task 3
Lexis 2
Grammar 2 : 7 points.

Grade: 5.5

Post a Comment