Saturday 13 November 2010

It all began with the Three Wise Men ♫♫

Christmas, as I understand it, is the celebration of Jesus birth, a man who born two thousand years ago in Bethlehem (now in Palestina), and he was called "The savior of the world". Three Kings of orient arrived to the place of birth, guided by a shooting star. This three kings bring gifts to the newborn baby; gold, frankincense and myrrh. Since this moment people celebrate Jesus birth by giving and geting gifts. But now the people don't care about the Three Kings, people have in mind to Santa Claus when think about gifts.

I don't believe in god, but if a man like Jesus really existed, I think it is okay celebrate his birth, I don't mind if he is divine, or if he is God's son. I believe in his words, I think he was a very smart guy and I admire him. I would like to meet him, but I don't believe that this is possible, because I don't think that he is alive.

But I like celebrate Christmas, because I spend time with my beloved family, and I like to cook with my mom, we do delicious salads, with corn kernels, lettuce, tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs and other delicious things, like meat kebabs. Also I like to see children happy with their gifts in december 25th's morning.

Sometimes I feel sad on Christmas, because I think about the materialism in the people. They are thinking in what to give or get on Christmas, but they don't worry about love, peace or Jesus. They don't even think about the Three Kings!! Maybe the consumer society has help on this corrupted idea about the Christ Mass.

My idea of Christmas is to give, not getting. The Three Kings give their gifts to Jesus, and Jesus (according to the legend) give his life for us. It is all about give. Give until hurts, as the priest Hurtado said.

1 comment:

Paula said...

VERY GOOD, PAULINA.

SAY, "A MAN THAT WAS BORN" AND "ON CHRISTMAS DAY" AND "IF A MAN LIKE THAT REALLY EXISTED, IT WOULD BE OK TO CELEBRATE HIM"

2 POINTS

Post a Comment